Iridient X-Transformer Version History
1.0 beta 4 - July 13, 2017 (Maintenance Release)
- New Features:
- A new Lightroom scripting plug-in is now available for sending images to Iridient X-Transformer for conversion which avoids some of the limitations and disadvantages of using Lightroom's external editing functionality (or "Edit In").
- A new option has been added to set the default DNG camera profile to either Iridient Standard or Adobe Standard. Iridient Standard should be a closer match to Iridient Developer, however due to inherent differences in the camera profile formats (ICC versus Adobe DCP) the default color rendering will still not be identical.
- There is now an option to make the exported DNG file read only (or "locked"). This will prevent Lightroom from automatically writing metadata edits back to the DNG and will force use of sidecars for metadata storage.
- There is a new option to translate the Fujifilm film style metadata into a Lightroom camera profile setting. This causes the DNG by default to load into Lightroom with an Adobe film emulation profile matching the camera settings for the RAF.
- Fujifilm proprietary star rating metadata is now automatically converted to standard XMP metadata if the RAF does not have an XMP sidecar with a newer star rating value.
- When working with an Edit In intermediate file from Lightroom with the "Preserve File Date" option enabled only the creation date will now be preserved. The modification date will be updated to the current time. This prevents Lightroom's caching from becoming confused about the state of edits with the Edit In file.
- Updated camera calibration and profile information for models newly supported in Adobe's latest DNG Converter 9.10.1 updates (X-T20, X100F, X-A10 and GFX 50S).
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed a Mac specific issue with setting the Save to Folder to a custom folder location.
- Fixed some Mac specific crashing issues effecting older versions of macOS including 10.7, 10.8 and 10.9.
- Fixed an issue with handling of automatic lens corrections metadata for vignetting where some lenses, particularly IS zooms, could show a notable under correction for vignetting. The results now should match up much more closely to the camera JPEGs and Lightroom as well.
- Fixed a multi-threading issue with the sequence number based file naming when batch processing. Multiple images could be given the same sequence number and one would fail to be saved.
1.0 beta 3 - March 3, 2017 (Maintenance Release)
- New Features:
- Now supports macOS 10.7 or later.
- Support has been added for the Fujifilm GFX 50S, X-T20 and X100F models.
- A new option has been added to the DNG settings panel to preserve the original RAF file date in the processed DNG file.
- Eliminated all use of Intel supplemental SSE3 (SSSE3 or SSE3+) instructions. Only a couple of these instructions were used previously and this should allow for a wider range of supported processors. Early versions of the Intel Atom, AMD Phenom II and AMD Athlon II processors should now all be supported. Should now be compatible with Intel "Prescott" or later generations and AMD Athlon 64 rev E or later processors.
- Added support for per camera body calibration metadata which should now give identical white balance number values in Lightroom for the DNG and the original RAF. Lightroom white balance adjustments now should also match up much more closely between the DNG and RAF when making adjustments in Lightroom.
- Minor adjustments to the RAW (demosaic) processing for 24MP X-Trans models should reduce the appearance of some digital artifacts, especially when using higher levels of sharpening during DNG conversion or in later processing stages.
- Initially, by default the main window is now opened with the settings adjustment panel expanded. This should make it more clear to new users that these are adjustments available. The expanded or compact state will still be remembered across application launches so if you prefer it closed it will remain closed on future launches.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed an issue with handling of automatic lens corrections metadata for chromatic aberration.
- The open with application after save functionality is now working correctly.
- Better compatibility in the Log window for some international character sets.
- The main window size should now take into account changes to the default Windows font size or Aero styles that may impact the height of the menu bar and/or change the size of window borders which could cause the Show Settings button to not show properly or be clipped off the bottom of the main window in some cases.
1.0 beta 2 - January 18, 2017 (Maintenance Release)
- New Features:
- Options have been added to the "RAW Options" panel to disable default Lightroom sharpening, luminance noise reduction and color noise reduction. These default for all of the options is to disable any Lightroom default sharpening or noise reduction. Previously noise reduction would typically be disabled already, but Lightroom would still apply its baseline RAF sharpening.
- A new option has been added to the Settings menu to reduce processor utilization which should greatly help with overall system responsiveness on some systems when processing large batches of images and trying to continue work in other programs. This will notably slow processing speeds for Iridient X-Transformer, but will allow the system and other applications to remain more responsive.
- New option added to the Settings menu to force batch jobs to be run one after the other rather than being simultaneously processed across all available processor cores. Some Windows systems seem to really struggle with simultaneous file loading and saving and this should allow for better responsiveness from the system while having a small impact on overall processing speed as many systems may not benefit much from asynchronous file access.
- Image sharpening levels are now automatically adjusted based on the ISO and sharpening will now lessen some automatically at higher ISO settings.
- Luminance noise reduction levels have been adjusted to be stronger.
- Color noise reduction levels have been adjusted to be slightly stronger.
- Eliminated use of Intel supplemental SSE3 (or SSE3+) instructions. Only a couple of these instructions were used previously and this should allow for a wider range of supported processors.
- Bug Fixes:
- Fixed issue the main window title graphic being improperly sized with some Windows or GPU display scaling options. This would result in the "Show Settings" button not appearing at the bottom of the window or other issues with display of the various settings control panels.
- Fixed an issue where the RAF image orientation metadata was not being properly passed through to the DNG. The orientation of the DNG should now match that of the RAF.
- Fixed an ssue with false color tints or spots showing up in areas of extreme highlights when using uncompressed 14 bit/channel output.
- Fixed an issue with lens distortion correction for some Fujifilm lenses (mostly primes) where an identity correction in the RAF metadata could result in the image being slightly cropped or zoomed in.
- Fixed an issue with the X-T2 and X-Pro2 where compressed and uncompressed RAF images would have a slightly different default crop position. Compressed and uncompressed images should now match up in their RAW crop positioning.
- Fixed an issue where the "Save to Folder" panel's "Subfolder with Original(s)" option was not automatically creating the new subfolder if it did not already exist.
- Fixed an issue where the "Save to Folder" selection would not be preserved after quitting and restarting the application.
1.0 beta 1 - January 5, 2017 (Initial Public Release)